Sunday, March 17, 2013

Land I Love



KK
3/16/13

The day I set foot in my journey to foreign lands
Was the day I realized the beauty I had left behind
Land of the morning, my heart longs for you
Your comfort, warm embrace, 
And abundance of smiles

Your beauty makes my heart full
Breathtaking treasures your land possesses 
Marks so unique
They are unmistakably  and undeniably
Yours.

I radiate with pride and joy
In the midst of a land untrodden
For in the years of separation
Sprouted an unsung love that grows
So strong as the days go by

So strong that the imperfections I've once detested
I now wholly embrace
You were once unwanted to me
Such is why I left for greener lands
To find what I thought you no longer had: 
Fortune, solitude, my happiness

But, no land was greener as your land
The colors blue, red and yellow as radiant as in your presence
Opening my heart to your strength and resilience
Did I only understand
That my true purpose was sown in yours

Courage and hard work you've instilled in me
Hence I will work hard to set you free, land of the morning
From the grime that covered you
And made you unrecognizable, and unappreciable
During the days I resided with you

In a way it is good that I left
As in older lands I saw greater horrors 
That I purposed to myself to shield you from 
And to lead you to the path that preserves your beauty,
Ensures your continued existence
And brings forth your utmost, fullest, and brightest potential-- 
That defined the very flagship of your stand in the world
As the richest, purest, and most precious pearl of the orient

Fortune, solitude and happiness belongs with you
In the most subtlest of ways, they do
If only we open our hearts
And sing again that song of hope
That nurtured us and cradled us to sleep
We will wake up in the land of the morning
And see your sun and feel your warmth again 



No comments:

Post a Comment